Here’s a quick bullet list of things you can do to create a secure password online.
- Password length should be eight characters or more
- It’s better to use a mix of characters (letters, numbers, symbols)
- Use short words with spaces or other characters separating them, like “we_shall_overcome!”, or “hands_off_my_patients!”
- Use a different password for each site you create a login for. This one is the hardest to swallow. It’s worth investing in a paid password management program for this (though I still haven’t taken the time to do this)
- The best password is one that you think about all the time but no one else would guess. For example, think of a song that’s always in your head – then take the first letter of each word in the song’s main phrase or verse and create a text string as your password. So, “And she’s buying a stairway to heaven” would be “asbasth”.
Here’s the rest of the list of top 25 most hacked passwords according to splashdata.com. The top five you got in your Quick Tip Email Newsletter. Here are numbers 6-25:
Leave a Reply